Monday, October 10, 2011

Kasey's Baby Shower!

I was not going to be able to go back to West Virginia for Kasey's baby shower, so I took McKinley's presents with me and we had our own personal baby shower while I was in Cleveland. We spent an evening opening presents and Matthew modeled them for us. I had made some blankets and bought some cute clothes. Gary had purchased some darling little shoes.

When I was pregnant with Matthew, I had purchased a cute little white dress for the blessing if he was going to be a girl. Well, surprise! Back in those days, we didn't know what we were going to have beforehand, so I just kept the dress all of these years. It is simple, but very beautiful. It is hand stitched and embroidered. It looks antique, but not just because it is old! I knew that Matthew and Kasey had been looking at antique shops for a dress, but didn't purchase one because it didn't have any special meaning to them. I always felt that I wanted to give the dress to Matthew if he ever had a little girl. They were so surprised and just loved it!! I didn't want them to feel obligated to use it, but they couldn't have been more thrilled. Matthew had no idea that I had the dress, let alone kept it all of these years. I can't wait to see McKinley in it! She will be precious.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment