Monday, September 5, 2011

Visiting Matthew and Kasey

After Carson's baptism, I drove up to Cleveland with Matthew and Kasey and stayed for several days. Matthew had some time off, so they invited me to come and have some fun.

Our week was filled with lots of activities. We walked the Metro Parks several times, took rides and day trips, picked blackberries and raspberries and Matthew made some frozen custard with our berries. One day while Matthew and Kasey were working, I rented a car and drove to Kirtland and the John Johnson farm in Hiram. I picked up some tomatoes and corn at a road side farm. When I toured the temple, I was the only there, so that made it extra special. Of course, I took lots of pictures.

Everyday, we did something exciting. When Kasey had a day off, we wrote down to a little town that was an Amish village. We saw many buggies and horses. All of the stores had Amish people in them. We went to really neat Country Store and bought some goodies. We also stopped by a huge farm. We saw some Amish riding in vans and pick-ups instead of their buggies. We didn't think they were supposed to do that. Matthew commented that they must be "Jack-Amish"!

There was never a dull moment or any lack of activities or good food and hospitality. Thanks for showing me a great time, Matt and Kasey!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment